• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ink level reset?

300mphGraphics

We lost power to the 1204 and on the restart, the ink cartridges all came up not original. Did a complete power shut down, have printed a few jobs, but now the cartridges are all reading 70-80% and I know the black was near 8% and a few others were in the 20%. I have removed the cartridges and re-installed them and they still read 70-80. Was I visited by the Ink Fairy? Anyone know of another reset, re-level, re-something I can try. Couldn't find anything on Mutoh's help site or by doing a search on the forum. Tempted just to replace the cartridges with new ones.

Thanks for any help.

CheapVehicleWrap

you're fine, if it was there other way around you'd be screwed. The carts have a safety level that pops when the cart is really empty.

300mphGraphics

Wrapsx3, how low do you run your cartridges? I've always been overly cautious and change them around 4-5% after it starts beeping, are you saying it's ok to run them until they pop, or is that a last resort safety feature?

I weighed my cartridges to the .001 lbs and they weighed less than other cartridges I have replaced so I pulled them. New 220 weighed .798 and the one I replaced last time is at .487 lbs

Circleville, lightning is the key ingredient to having the ink fairy come visit.

CheapVehicleWrap

first.. sorry I run a 1614....My carts still have ink when they get to 0. I recharge the cards back to 100%. My carts have an empty lever on them to tell the machine it's actually empty. BUT, The carts run for a LONG time after it says they are low.