• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh inks

Hello I own a mutoh value jet 1624x
And was wondering if switching over to
Aftermarket inks is worth it. I know they are less money. But will they cut the life of your print heads, will they fade quicker, do they print the same? My warranty has expired.

Before this printer I had a mutoh valuejet 1204 or whatever it is. I had the printer for more then 15 years with the same print head. We barely did any maintenance on it. It was a total
Work horse. We always used original inks on.
Thank you

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like you are not getting much response here.
I have the same printer and I am running the OEM ink.
I have not tried 3rd party ink so I can't be of much help there. People that sell the ink say there are no issues. Some who use the ink say there are.
I guess it is down to how well you know your machine and who you trust.
I am going to stick with OEM because I am thousands of miles from the nearest tech support & parts so I'd have to buy a plane ticket for the tech (or the printer) to get something major fixed.
With that said, the new ink that comes in the black carts seems to cause more issues than the older stuff in the white carts.
It's 50/50 on my machine if the little dingus pops out of the cart when it is supposed to and lets me know before one channel will run dry and stop in the middle of a print with a sub-tank error.
I talked to my ink supplier and he said it was an issue and has been fixed - maybe the 'fixed' carts haven't been shipped to this part of the world yet.
Also, it seems the new black ink is more likely to plug things up, but it could be that my printer is just getting old.
I just spent a full day pulling apart my maintenance station and changing out the tubing in the pump part of it. I am pretty regular with squirting a pipet or two of cleaning solution down the cap top that should have prevented it from happening. both drain tubes were solidly blocked in and out of the pump. I had 2 old stations that I had replaced as part of regular maintenance (and they started getting noisy), and both were clear. I used the pump core out of one so I could keep printing while a new station is on order.
Hopefuly someone who has switched will chime in.
Good luck with it.

netsol

We have run jetbest inks on our Roland's for a couple years
It seems we have to clean encoder strip more often, but inks are about 1/3 of Roland inks (quite a bit cheaper than grimco house brand)
Still running mutoh oem inks , because I am not sure of any of the MP31 3rd party options