• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh RJ-900 "NOT ORIGINAL INK" HELP

J29669

Good Afternoon,

I am hoping that someone will be able to help me. I have a new Mutoh RJ-900 printer. I have installed the bulk ink system and the inks. When I power the unit up, the "Maintenance" light is flashing and it is showing "NOT ORIGINAL INK".
Does someone out there know the way around this? I can not get the printer to do anything.

Thanks in adavance for your help.

J

iladi

there is a sticker you should stick on the cardtridge. it is a reflective foil with a black, opaque rectangle. inside the printer is a pair of opto-couplers for each cartridge. if you have an original cartridge you can use it as a model for a new sticker, or peel it and use the original one. you should stick it in the same position as the one from the original cartridge.

Sign Eagle

We had the problem with cartridges on a 5 year old Falcon II under service contract, we found taking the cartridges out and putting them back sometimes 2-3 times would get rid of the message. For us it was always the same #2 black cartridge. A sensor was finally replaced 2-3 weeks ago and the problem has not reoccured since. The mechanic indicated some people have been able to clear the message by shuting down the machine, pulling all of the cartridges out, then power up, you then get a message "no ink" then push all the cartridges back and that clears the not original ink message.

iladi

sorry for the low quality image, but i think is better than all the yesterday talking.

Attachments

• IMAGE_125.jpg
    IMAGE_125.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 485