• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Smart Card Trouble, At the price of these failed cards it is getting costly!

Bbeanz.com

Hello, I purchased a Mutoh 1204 that is nearly new. The printer works perfectly. Does anyone know someone that creates the .ULK file to eliminate the use of smartcards?

My challenge has been with bad smart cards. I am using OEM MS31 ink. (I would also like to switch to JetBest) I had some full cart's that were just out of date, like Feb, 2024 so I purchased a set of cards and it worked great for 4 months then one day I got the dreaded {KMYC] READERR I powered off the machine, removed the cart's powered on the machine and reinstalled them one at a time and everything worked fine. A week later now and nothing works. I have no problems with the smart cards but now they are $15 each plus tax and shipping.

Thanks!

Brett
Bbeanz.com