• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Ultima SC-1400D

HaroldDesign

Using all three pinch rollers is hit or miss when loading material. It has quite a hard time knowing what to do when the left roller isn't pushed all the way to the end of the machine. Anyone have this problem and know of a "fix"?

randya

I believe that last pinch roller must be on the media or all the way to the left, all the way to the left.

Otherwise what problem are you having?

HaroldDesign

Kind of forgot about this problem, but now I'm in need of resolving it again. It simply won't load the material if I use all three pinch rollers. It takes a sheet in and acts like it's going to be fine, and then the head moves back to the right hand side and there it sits. I can move the left roller to the end of the machine and still cut, but on larger sheets the accuracy really falls away on certain materials without a roller in the middle.

HaroldDesign

I should have written it down. What I did discover is that if I'm going to need to use all 3 rollers and put the left one on a roller and restart the machine it usually works out...? I'm sure it will happen again, and I'll write it down.

randya

I have used all three rollers many many times.
The unit is very picky about getting the rollers in the correct position.
But it should give you an error and go to the one that is not quick clicked in position.

HaroldDesign

Thanks for your help Ranya, you're always on it and helpful with Mutoh questions. I really appreciate it. Far better than calling tech support. ...I'll keep you posted

randya

I try to do what I can to help.
My office is in the tech support area, and I get some of my answers from them.

Tech support is primarily to help dealers, (who should be helping end users), repairing equipment and testing, so they can be pretty overwhelmed at times.