• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuejet... streaks???

Flame

Me thinks you answer your own question...:Coffee:

Well I diagnosed the problem, now I need to fix it!!! :rock-n-roll:

Soaked the heads for 30 minutes, 3 different times using specific eco sol cleaner. Cleaned all around the head and docking station with swaps soaked in the fluid... and, still struggling? Most noticeably in cyan.

randya

If you are making SOME progress with soak, then continue, run for a couple of hours and add a dozen or so drops of cleaning solution every 15-20 minutes.

If you are making NO progress with soaking, then it may be your maintenance station.

See if you can get underneath and clamp one line shut and syringe the other to check if the cap is sealing properly.

Stealth Ryder

Clogged Nozzles are too easy to identify!!! Print a Check Nozzle Pattern and confirm missing nozzles... Missing nozzles will not produce "streaking", it would better be described as banding, IE missing nozzle paths... The term "streaking tends" to make people thing of something being smeared... Most likely time to replace the Maintenace Assy if the Nozzles are not being recovered rather quickly...

Flame

You're right, streaking is the wrong term. It's definitely clogged nozzles.

Now where would one buy a maint. station....? hmmm

juststrummin

Clogged nozzles

I own a Falcon II Outdoor so I don't know if the 1204 is similar. But when I have not printed on the machine for about a week (like around Xmas time), sometimes the nozzles can get clogged with dried ink. No amount of cleaning/soaking will bring them back. The only thing I have found to really clear the clog is to unhook the tube leading from the waste pump and hook up a syringe so you are pulling ink directly through the head into the maintenance station and finally into the syringe. There is enough force to clear most clogs.
This would require that you have knowledge of the pump system and how to disconnect the tubes. And you need at least a 30ml syringe and some spare solvent compatible tubing. Again, I don't own a 1204 so not 100% sure if this is the correct fix for that printer.

Flame

Most of the colors are printing a bit better now, but the cyan is still suffering the most.

and juststrummin, this is different than a falcon, all of the lines are tucked up in and hidden away on the machine...

greglauter

Sounds like bad dampers for cyan. They are $50 each and are fairly easy to install. Doesn't sound like you need a maintenance station to me

greglauter

No need for small hands. Remove the hood, remove the 2 black covers that sit on top of the "carriage" . You will then see there is another black plastic cover that covers the white dampers. This is the tricky part, you want to left the whole head unit CAREFULLY out of the "carriage". After that, you can then squeeze the front and back of the black plastic cover and move around as squeezing slightly. You will see notches in the front and back, after squeezing the black plastic top should start releasing from the bottom (that holds the head). Gently, sit the head back in its seated position. You should now have full access to the ink lines and dampers. When you pull the dampers out again be VERY CAREFUL to pull straight up as to not break off the little plastic nipples. Replace the cyan dampers and you may want to go ahead and syringe the cyan lines while you're at it. I hope this all makes sense.
:signs101: