• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mutoh Vj 1204 - Printhead Lever Adjustment

bartm160

Hi all, just wondering if anyone may have any experience with this...

We have (2) Mutoh VJ 1204's and on this printer, we noticed this lever (see photo) that adjusts the horizontal tilt of the print head seems to be loose.

We have to keep adjusting this lever up or down about every 2 to 3 weeks as we start noticing magenta starting to appear under anything we print that has black in it. (see image)

After we adjust the lever, the prints look good again and black is just black again, but we have to repeat this process every few weeks.

We compared this loose lever on this printer to the lever on our other 1204 and the lever on the other printer is locked in place and does not move.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue to this and if so, do you know if there's a way to tighten this or lock it in place to prevent it from continually getting loose and out of alignment?

Thank you

test_zpsvw7azpjb.jpg

print%20head%20lever%20arrow_zpseytcqjel.jpg

Attachments

• print head lever arrow.jpg
    print head lever arrow.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 481
  • test.jpg
    test.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:

letterman7

How are you adjusting the lever? I've not had the cover off my printhead to look at that particular part; it looks like it's just held fast with that set screw. Is that screw working loose?

bartm160

How are you adjusting the lever? I've not had the cover off my printhead to look at that particular part; it looks like it's just held fast with that set screw. Is that screw working loose?

On this printer, the lever just easily moves up or down by hand to adjust

letterman7

But something has to hold it fast. I can see ribbing on the inside of the 'track' - I take it there is a detent on the arm that rides that ribbing? In other words, can you feel the arm 'bumping' across the ribs? If not, then the arm is worn. Maybe setting a small set screw in the end will hold it in place.

bartm160

But something has to hold it fast. I can see ribbing on the inside of the 'track' - I take it there is a detent on the arm that rides that ribbing? In other words, can you feel the arm 'bumping' across the ribs? If not, then the arm is worn. Maybe setting a small set screw in the end will hold it in place.

You're right that their is ribbing along the arm but you can barely feel it when you move the lever, so you may be right that the arm is worn out.
I hadn't thought about a small set screw or something similar to hold it in place but that might be a good option.

Thank you