• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mutoh XpertJet 661UF

MarcusJ

Good Morning All,
Thank you for accepting me. Here’s my question.
We just received a Mutoh Xpertjet 661 UF printer. While doing the set up the tech advised me that the white ink had to be shaken every six hours! Has anyone heard of this? What do you do on weekends?

netsol

my vj1617h needs to be shaken daily (other colors every other day)
there is an absurd amount of titanium in white ink. AT BEST you will have no consistency in the printed white, if you don't follow advice
at worst you will clog ink lines and requently replace expensive printheads

MarcusJ

my vj1617h needs to be shaken daily (other colors every other day)
there is an absurd amount of titanium in white ink. AT BEST you will have no consistency in the printed white, if you don't follow advice
at worst you will clog ink lines and requently replace expensive printheads
Thank you….
I wish I leaned this before the purchase.

netsol

you can always change the ink set to something with no white, or what i did, run a cartridge of cleaner in the white channel.

the ability to print white ink has a lot in common with my crazy ex-girlfriend from decades ago. VERY desirable in the ABSTRACT.

A BIT LESS SO IN REAL LIFE

navyguy

Good Morning All,
Thank you for accepting me. Here’s my question.
We just received a Mutoh Xpertjet 661 UF printer. While doing the set up the tech advised me that the white ink had to be shaken every six hours! Has anyone heard of this? What do you do on weekends?
I got mine 6 months ago. Every 24 hr, printer prompts to shake white ink. I only do it then. Haven't noticed any issues with white ink.

Ronny Axelsson

I have had a Mutoh 626 for some years now, and I only shake the white (all inks actually) when I wake it up.
Sometimes it has been left unattended for a week, (even though I do not recommend it), without any noticeable problems.
Of course I always leave it in stand by mode and never shut it down completely.

netsol

i think they tell you to shake a NEW WHITE CARTRIDGE for 10 minutes to get all the titanium into suspension
i really don't shake mine as long as i should but you aren't hurting anyone else by not shaking them long enough

not shaking the colored ink gives you inconsistent printout, with white i image opacity suffers (as well as garbage building up in the heads

SGC

Shake 5 days a week and you’ll be fine. You just need to keep the titanium in suspension. It’s a small machine with a small recirculation pump so it’s not able to do what the bigger machines do more automatically.

It’s more important to use it. Shake all you want, if you’re not printing white, you’re speeding up the death of the channels.

MarcusJ

Shake 5 days a week and you’ll be fine. You just need to keep the titanium in suspension. It’s a small machine with a small recirculation pump so it’s not able to do what the bigger machines do more automatically.

It’s more important to use it. Shake all you want, if you’re not printing white, you’re speeding up the death of the channels.
The machine was purchased to make Braille signs so I don’t see a problem with the white ink at this point

netsol

not sure if it is possible, but, it seems it would be desirable to eliminate white & configure for 2 varnish or a primer coat before printing
ALTHOUGH
varnish ALSO beats the sh*t out of the head

consider this & do a bit of research NOW, once the white ink destroys that head it will be a $2000 option to implement the change

AKA TRE

I have a 661 and yeah you do need to shake the ink pretty regularly. It will alert you to shake either W or All the cartridges. I have left it for a few days and you just need to come back, shake everything and run a short clean. Should be good to go.