• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my Edge LE started this morning and went into a beeping fit?

gabagoo

I have heard this before many years ago. I have unhooked it and opened the sides...blew out all the dust and disengaged the cables and reinstalled them. I can't remember what else might need doing .

I am putting it back together now...I report back in 10

gabagoo

that did nothing.... still beeping like a bast.... any ideas? I looked over the 3 fuses I could see, they seem intact. I was not sure if I was to remove a board and put it back in so I left it be.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Is there an error code on the LED display? I don't have an immediate idea as I've never experienced what you're describing.

gabagoo

display is blank and none of the buttons do anything.... we had a wicked thunder storm last night but everything was shut down and everything this morning is working except the Edge

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sounds like more than just a coincidence.

I would get an electronic multimeter if you don't have one and check all the fuses for continuity. I think there's one or more fuses on the boards and I seem to recall what's called a thermistor in the circuitry as well. A thermistor is about the size and look of a half dollar coin with a wire running to the center of each flat side. it blows like a fuse if it gets too hot.

Also try plugging it into a different outlet to see if it makes any difference.

Beyond that, all I can suggest is to call your Gerber distributor to get some help.

gabagoo

I remember getting this beeping about 5 or 6 years ago and was instructed to pull a board out and reinstall it. I will try that next.

If that fails it's off to the hospital for the Edge $$$$$$$$$ lol