• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my laptop has a mind of its own!!!!1

gabagoo

I have no idea what is going on here but yesterday I decided to set up my Logitech USB speakers for my laptop so I could listen to the radio on line with decent sound. In any case this morning I set up the laptop and plug in all my devices and out of nowhere I hear yapping going on from my speakers. All I could pick up was some reference to I tunes. I have nothing that I know of running in my computer at the moment so how is this accomplished? The moment I came online here it stopped so I am thinking it is some form of program that runs when the computer is idle. The only thing I can think of is that yesterday I loaded explorer 8 as I was having issues when shutting down my laptop it would hang on something explorer related. What you guys think is going on and how can I stop it?

signage

What OS are you running?

My first suggestion would be to get rid of Explorer and go with Mozilla FireFox!

gabagoo

I run xp. This lame radio program keeps repeating itself every 15 minutes or so and this chick is talking about birth control and breast feeding..wtf have I done? Running a full virus scan to see if any spyware has invaded. It couldn't be the fact that these speakers are plugged in could it? I mean I used the laptop last night at home with just the internal speakers and never had this going on.

TheSnowman

I had something like this happen before. I'm trying to remember what it was all about. It picked up some radio station or something. I'd believe that it just being plugged in could be picking up on something, but it's weird that it's repeating. I would be surprised if it really had anything to do with what was on your computer.

gabagoo

the virus scanner has picked up the usual cookies and I have not heard a peep out of the speakers now for over 90 minutes. Stranger things have happened.