• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My New Laptop

2972renfro

April fools????!!! Weren't you the one who posted dozens of times how the Mac was the better computer to buy?

What happened?

WildWestDesigns

April fools????!!! Weren't you the one who posted dozens of times how the Mac was the better computer to buy?

What happened?

Saying something is better doesn't mean that you will or even can afford to get the better one.

I'm not saying that this is the case in this instance, but one doesn't necessarily mean the other.

Joe Diaz

For a similar price (after I applied a few stackable coupons) I bought this from HP but with 8Gb rather than the 6GB model in this link. http://www.amazon.com/HP-17-1181NR-...U4IM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301670974&sr=8-1

I got mine from HP's site. If you haven't bought it yet, Like I said, look out for those coupons (do a google search), you can save a few hundred.

I love mine. It's my home computer and it is actually faster than what I use at work.

One thing to keep in mind with the i7 in most laptops: If get's HOT!!! sometimes. then it ceases to be LAPtop. LOL If you aren't doing any serious processing, like 3D work or gaming, the i7 isn't really necessary. From what I've heard the i5 will be a bit cooler.

2972renfro

I never once said the Mac was a better computer.

Maybe not, I would have sworn you would have picked some sort of Mac

So after all those posts defending picking a mac over a pc, what was the deciding factor of picking this 2.2 inch plastic brick versus the sleek 1" aluminum mac? Was it the price?

CES020

So after all those posts defending picking a mac over a pc, what was the deciding factor of picking this 2.2 inch plastic brick versus the sleek 1" aluminum mac? Was it the price?

See, even you got sucked in...........you had it right from the beginning :) Happy April Fools Day :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

No new laptop for me, apple or PC :covereyes:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I was gonna say... I like the specs, but that computer is u-u-ugly.... that HP Joe mentioned looks and specs well....