• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help My pinch roller lever got broken off

Jdo1221

Is there any way that people know of to Jerry rig this? For the time being until we find a more permanent solution from a s140d series

Attachments

• IMG_6018.jpeg
    IMG_6018.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_6019.jpeg
    IMG_6019.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 113

Goatshaver

Shaving goats and eating bushes
I'd say try some plastic epoxy to piece it back together temporarily until you can get a replacement.

ProColorGraphics

Haha. Mine broke off probably a year ago. My machine is probably 12 years old. I am just using an 8mm wrench to raise/lower it now. I might design and 3d print a new one someday.

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Pretty much every Summa I have seen has that happen, mine included. Don't get me wrong, I love my Summa cutter, and wouldn't dare question the omniscient deities on high that would clearly have only designed this intentionally.

Ours is affixed in place with zip-ties, courtesy of the previous owner.

If it fails again, we will properly half-ass it and laser cut some plywood to make a fancy lever.

Attachments

• SummaZipties.jpg
    SummaZipties.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 86

cornholio

I see those break all the time. (A little less often, when the user is the owner, because I tell them to handle it with care...)
One of my customers built a replacement of stainless steel... a clever build without the need to take it apart.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
I just replaced one. Got the part from Airmark. It comes in a kit with a new switch and the part that pressed on the switch. Give Phil a call.
Good luck