• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Seal 54 just stopped working...

gabagoo

Almost a year and a half old and the rollers just stopped turning. I have had this issue a couple of times whereby it takes about 2 or 3 seconds to engage even though you can hear the motor turning. Today in the middle of a run, the motor is running but the rollers are not.

Guy coming tomorrow to look it over.

gabagoo

I suppose the best thing about this happening is that I have a big squeegee and it was refreshing to use it to put down some smaller prints.
less static issues too!!!

asd

on a different brand of laminator when that happened to me the pulleys inside the gearbox were worned out, I took it apart look at motor type and gearbox replace it in about 15 minutes

rjssigns

Did you check all the safety switches? Had an issue where I removed a guard and made the machine think it was still in place. Ran good until it didn't one day. Had to reset my redneck "trigger" mechanism and all was good again.

gabagoo

I know it is the chain or band that runs the rollers, as I have had this issue twice already. It seems to get slack or losse... never to the point where it stopped turning. I just wonder if it is going to be a continual issue every 6 months or so.

I will say that I use my laminator almost exclusively on short runs and that involves cranking and uncranking the rollers....I just wonder if it is to much for the little guy? Seals are supposed to be good machines and I like hpw it works when it does, but I also need it to be reliable.

rjssigns

Must be something in the way it was built for it to do that every 6mos. Could be a simple misalignment or a set screw not doing it's job. Used to build all kinds of paper processing and plate making equipment so I have seen a ton of simple stuff bring a 100k machine to its knees.