• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a favor from someone with Corel...

Locals Find!

Do you have permission from Ford to use it? I will be glad to help you if you can show me a letter stating your legal right to use the logo.

Of course if you did actually have a letter from Ford Granting you permission they could probably give you the .eps file to begin with.

Not saying this to be an A$$ I just had mine handed to me enough times on here for that same kinda chit and am not looking to do it anymore. Especially since its my account that would be logged in under to download the file.

HulkSmash

Do you have permission from Ford to use it? I will be glad to help you if you can show me a letter stating your legal right to use the logo.

Of course if you did actually have a letter from Ford Granting you permission they could probably give you the .eps file to begin with.

Not saying this to be an A$$ I just had mine handed to me enough times on here for that same kinda chit and am not looking to do it anymore. Especially since its my account that would be logged in under to download the file.

lmao

Tim Aucoin

Someone help me understand this please... What's the big deal about using "Brands of the World"? Is it not a public site? I've used this resource for years with no hassle or problems. :help:help

JERHEMI

Am I planning to use this 4x4 graphic to resell and profit from? No
Thank You to the person who did help me out, much appreciated!

Billct2

Brands of the World"? Is it not a public site
Just because it is public does not mean it is legal, You use logos from it at your own risk.
It is (or was) after all based in Russia for a reason.
I use it a lot, I can sometines get corporate logos quicker and better than I can from the the company when they're ordering something, or sponsoring something.

Tim Aucoin

Just because it is public does not mean it is legal, You use logos from it at your own risk.
I use it a lot, I can sometines get corporate logos quicker and better than I can from the the company when they're ordering something, or sponsoring something.

I see! I use it a lot to get logos when my customer can't supply me with good resolution. I am actually amazed as to how many I have been able to find over the years. I guess there's a "fine line" when it comes to what's legal and what's not. In the case of the OP for instance, if his client happens to be FORD and they have supplied him with a crappy (internet) file, which is often the case, then I think he is fine in asking for the help. Quite often I do banners for event with lots of sponsor logos on it. I'm sure we all know how they can look. I make it a point to find better resolution whenever possible, and in this case, I don't feel it is necessary to get permission from each sponsor, as they have already assumed permission by being a sponsor of such event! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tim Aucoin

when in doubt search for pdfs - alot of time they contain proper vector versions of logos

Yep! When Brands of the World "fails me", that is my next course of action. A lot of corporate sites publish PDF files with embedded vectors! There are a handful that lock them though!

On a side note... your avi is freaking me out man! :covereyes:

Locals Find!

Am I planning to use this 4x4 graphic to resell and profit from? No
Thank You to the person who did help me out, much appreciated!

One thing I have been taught on here doesn't matter whether or not your profiting or reselling a copyrighted logo. Without permission your hanging it out their to get smacked.

Ask around about Harley defending their branding. You will get some fine examples.

JERHEMI

I see! I use it a lot to get logos when my customer can't supply me with good resolution. I am actually amazed as to how many I have been able to find over the years. I guess there's a "fine line" when it comes to what's legal and what's not. In the case of the OP for instance, if his client happens to be FORD and they have supplied him with a crappy (internet) file, which is often the case, then I think he is fine in asking for the help. Quite often I do banners for event with lots of sponsor logos on it. I'm sure we all know how they can look. I make it a point to find better resolution whenever possible, and in this case, I don't feel it is necessary to get permission from each sponsor, as they have already assumed permission by being a sponsor of such event! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I agree 100% and this is what I use the site for as well! Forunally most of us have gotten ahead in this industry by not being that guy in the trailer at the car show or flea market selling every trademarked and copyrighted logo out there illegally! :Big Laugh

OldPaint

i use brands of the world alot. BUT........those logos i d/l are used for THAT COMPANY on some sponsoring signs for little league/football. wendy's, buger king, mickey d's, KFC, hotel/motel chains or auto dealerships. if used for no other purpose then for that application, there is no harm in using them. heres a couple i did for last years baseball signs.
and i got the logo from brands of the world.

Attachments

• bblogo.jpg
    bblogo.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 60

Mosh

Don't be scared, calvin has already peed on every logo from brands of the world.....

ucmj22

Brands of the world clearly states that the provided files are for use as mock up only, and are not provided with any real or implied licensing.