• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a file to stress test flatbed UV Printer

hatlesschimp

Hi Friends,

I'm looking at buying a Flatbed printer now Xmas is over and everyone is back to work. And was thinking I need a file to test out on all the UV Printers I'm looking at. Mimaki, Mutoh, Roland etc before I buy.

Looking to print on acrylic.

I know people here know what's a good photo to find the flaws if any of the machines.

Probably something with white texture and clear for layers and something for color and gradient for reverse side printing.

I'm from a an audio background and have my own personal favorite songs i use to test equipment as reference for bass, mid treble, high etc. So I assume there must be images out there people like to use to see how a printer performs.

Would love some help, please, thanks.

• Agree
Reactions: Sor

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
There's 2 types of reference images.
One is to test the print colour accuracy after creating a media profile (Calibration)
The other is to test the printers nozzles, nozzle alignment etc. (Print quality)

This is more for the colour accuracy after a calibration.
I don't have access to my original file. But a quick google found it.
It's the Onyx test print file.
You'll need to sign up to download it.

Unfortunately i don't have and cannot find with a quick search the test print for print quality. These usually come built into the printers, or supplied with them.
These usually contain photos, shapes like boxes with outlines to see head alignment. and just overall tough images to print.
Hopefully someone else here has one, but when viewing the printer, ask if it has a test print built in. (All the canon/oce's do)

Don't forget to ask for a nozzle check / test print also. This shows you how the nozzles print and if they're good or bad.

hatlesschimp

There's 2 types of reference images.
One is to test the print colour accuracy after creating a media profile (Calibration)
The other is to test the printers nozzles, nozzle alignment etc. (Print quality)

This is more for the colour accuracy after a calibration.
I don't have access to my original file. But a quick google found it.
It's the Onyx test print file.
You'll need to sign up to download it.

Unfortunately i don't have and cannot find with a quick search the test print for print quality. These usually come built into the printers, or supplied with them.
These usually contain photos, shapes like boxes with outlines to see head alignment. and just overall tough images to print.
Hopefully someone else here has one, but when viewing the printer, ask if it has a test print built in. (All the canon/oce's do)

Don't forget to ask for a nozzle check / test print also. This shows you how the nozzles print and if they're good or bad.
Thanks for the insight. Yeah I just need an image or some think like the test print and use it on all the machines as I go around. They all show you nice photos and pieces but I'm sure there would be certain things they each do better at and would be noticeable when compared together.

Thanks

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Thanks for the insight. Yeah I just need an image or some think like the test print and use it on all the machines as I go around. They all show you nice photos and pieces but I'm sure there would be certain things they each do better at and would be noticeable when compared together.

Thanks
A standard nozzle check will show you more than any image.
It shows every nozzle on each head if it's firing and or deflecting.
Post it on this forum and someone here will know about the particular machine.
With UV, you really don't want any missing or deflecting.

Example: this is a generic epson test. but im sure you get the picture.
03b44206992c76db95f1e09aea5939a7.jpg

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I just realised OP had listed Mimaki, Mutoh & Rolland for UV flatbed printers.

I would go Mimaki. The other 2 are hybrids and aren't great.
Unless OP is talking about those little desktop ones? Id still go mimaki.

hatlesschimp

I just realised OP had listed Mimaki, Mutoh & Rolland for UV flatbed printers.

I would go Mimaki. The other 2 are hybrids and aren't great.
Unless OP is talking about those little desktop ones? Id still go mimaki.
Had to sandbag the flatbed. Preapproval on the finance got knocked back because my business is less that 2 years running (14mnonths). So with the cash I have saved I'm you g to look at roll to roll options to get things started. I will create a new thread. Thanks everyone for the input!

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Had to sandbag the flatbed. Preapproval on the finance got knocked back because my business is less that 2 years running (14mnonths). So with the cash I have saved I'm you g to look at roll to roll options to get things started. I will create a new thread. Thanks everyone for the input!

how are you doing work currently? Outsourcing?

rjssigns

Not sure if this will help. I run a Mimaki JFX200 at school. Dead slow but beautiful prints. It is a few years old and the newer Mimaki's are supposed to be faster. Don't know.
Prints on everything from static cling, SAV, banner, to students packaging prototypes, 4x8 sheets of whatever and veneer plywood.
Probably easier to tell you what it hasn't printed on, like a solid core door. The boss said "don't even think about it" even after I told him it would clear with room to spare. Oh well...