• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need advice on a large sign for odd shaped building

ringocat22

I have a customer that wants to put a large panel on the side of an old atm kiosk. The proposal he sent me would be a sign about 8' high and 12' wide, affixed to the side of the building. However the building isn't flat, it has angled sides and very little area to actually screw into. I've attached a simple sketch of what he wants, hoping for some ideas? I'm considering a banner hung from the soffit, but not sure about wind or how to secure it at the bottom. Customer is asking for a large coroplast panel, but it would have to be three 4x8s, difficult to attach. Should we build a frame of some kind? Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA
sketch.jpg
IMG_1085.jpg

Boudica

I'm here for Educational Purposes
The top of the building is just a rectangle... where are you putting the sign? Why not fill those white spaces on top with the signage? From here it looks like backlit lexan. Perfect place for the signage.

visual800

If this were my job I would build an aluminum frame using 3x3 square thin wall aluminum. secure bottom to concrete with about 5-3/4 x 10" titan HD masonry screws and attach top to existing fascia of building IMO that would be just fine and be secure

ringocat22

To answer everyone's replies - This is an old atm kiosk, and my client is a furniture company that has their main building behind this shopping center. We will be putting directionals on the overhead panels, that's no problem at all. My client wants in addition to that a large billboard photo to attract attention from the main road in front of the kiosk. There's just no really good way to secure it, and I'm kind of at a loss as to how in the world I'd make this work.

I think visual800 is probably correct, I'm probably going to need to build some sort of frame for it.

ringocat22

This is what they're asking for.

ETA: I'll probably also propose that they use window graphics plus one 4x8 of coro....I'm thinking that viewed from the road that it will look like one panel anyway...

Attachments

• schewels.jpg
    schewels.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 23

unclebun

I have serious questions as to whether you'll be able to get a permit for this from the city unless they don't require them.

But if it's allowed, why not just put a panel on each angled wall and window of the building. From a distance the angles won't affect the view much if at all.

ringocat22

I have serious questions as to whether you'll be able to get a permit for this from the city unless they don't require them.

But if it's allowed, why not just put a panel on each angled wall and window of the building. From a distance the angles won't affect the view much if at all.
No permit required for this, already confirmed with the county. But I agree with you, I think that's probably what I'm going to propose. I think that you're right, probably won't affect the view enough to be an issue. Thanks! :):thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If they want Cor-X, then they expect it to be temporary.

I'd run some 12'pcs 2" x 6" across the high points, then attach your Cor-X to that. If they want it longer lasting, make it 6mm acm panels.