• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need advice...

Geary

Well, my experience also has been that "you always get what you pay for."

Furthermore, in practically everything else in my world I buy the best stuff on the market because I have found that what my grandfather and my father told me in my opening line is indeed true.

However, I have share with you all an unusual thing that is happening in the last two and a half years. I bought a plotter from Signwarehouse that has actually outperformed the last two "higher end" products that I was a part of acquiring in the shop I last worked at. My 30" Panther Pro (formerly "Vinyl Express") has been cutting and tracking flawlessly for me in my own business for these last 30 months. I get no "nicks" on corners, I have had zero plotting errors, I have not had one instance of the knife not cutting depth properly, and basically performing everything I ask of it.

Nevertheless, I will probably go out and buy a Graphtec today if my growling predecessor should suddenly pop like a "pimple" before my eyes.

I'll let you all know when it happens. :wink:

~Gear

cOrKinSA

Thanks to all who gave me there input on plotters in general and I did get him to drop the price down 100 bucks. I know you get what you paid for and I am a strong believer of that, but I asked only about the "Vinyl Master cutter". I know there are a few that have used one and all I wanted to know was what they thought of it.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I have a Masters and it does have drawbacks. Forget about smaller type - the line up when it cuts isn't precise enough to do it very well. It also throws a wild cut in there every once in a while which is a major pain in the you-know-what especially on a long piece.

I just cut some boxes tonight that were 2" tall by 80" long. The ends did not line up at the end - the lines are not perfectly straight as they should be. My recommendation is to know the limitations in what you are buying and save your pennies for a better cutter.

If you have any other specific questions I post them and I will answer as best I can...

Jackpine

If you are looking for a good cheap cutter....SSK, signsupplystore.com has a GT60 and a
GT 60 Pro and a good price. They will bundle FlexiExpert or CibreCutMax at a huge discount. For the money Graphtec, Roland or any major brand is where my money would be. The Gt60 Pro is an Anagraph cutter. Built like a brick s***thouse.