• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need carving software recommendation

artbot

i'm needing some advice on converting black and white solid maybe half tones raster images into .dxf, .hpgl, .plt, .dwg, etc.

i'm going to use the files to print solid "fills" on an inkjet plotter. four head black only. (this is a garment industry plotter that only accepts vector files. there is a line width selector on the front panel, as well as user selectable line widths in the garment plotter rip. so printable line width would convert to the width of the router bit).

attached is a crop of the type of file work that i will be converting. this would just be a simple .dxf conversion that would route out a solid space. ...no v-groove carving. that file would then could be print/plotted as a wide, say .0675, line and fill in by overlapping creating black solid areas.

thanks a million if anyone can help on this one. i've exhausted myself reading about options and i am just out of my range on this one.

aa

Attachments

• raster to vector.jpg
    raster to vector.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 102