• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need grand format translucent print outsourced

tiredcreations

I am in need of a 6' X 6' (that's 72" X 72") print on translucent vinyl, in one piece. I've tried the merchant members but have been striking out.

It's a single sided fluorescent lit box sign, 11" deep with a flat acrylic (or polycarbonate face). It has vinyl graphics that will be removed & the new design printed and applied.

The design has a gradient background, and no good spots for a seam. I was led to believe that this wouldn't be a problem before the customer signed off on the design. Now I'm finding out it is a problem. Before I go back to the customer and tell them I made a mistake and the design has to be modified, I'd like to exhaust my resources.

Billct2

If none of the merchant members here has that capability I'm not sure who would. Did any of them give you any leads for other sources?

d fleming

Not going to name names, but on the occasions where I have tried to give some of the larger print work I can't do in house to MM's, I have had the job completed before they had time to reply back and give a quote.

tiredcreations

I tried about 4 companies (all MM's I think). I have not tried OAI or AZ Pro, but I will right now.

I explained the project and got a quote but when I went to order the job I didn't get a response. Eventually I called and went down a line of different people at the company and had to explain it again, which they finally said it can't be done.

So, I talked to the customer yesterday about changing the design or putting a line thru it to hide a seam and he wasn't very happy.

Heard a lot of good things about this MM, and don't want to bash them because of my first experience. It's a small order and I'm a small customer (a first time one at that).

I'll figure something out.

sfr table hockey

Merritt did a huge 100 and some inch by even bigger backlit (banner style media(flex face?)) for me and it came out great. Not sure if they can do the same on an adheasive translucent.

Last edited:

Typestries

If you want it on one piece it will likely need to be a flexface. Otherwise you are limited to the media width for adhesive vinyl. Doubt you will find that in 72" seamless. Done properly a seam is really no big deal.

cdiesel

Tired,
We can do this for you on flex face no problem. 24 hour turn. Shoot me an email and I'll send you a quote.