• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Graphtec FC7000-130 mainboard/parts machine

Dzignpro

I'm in need of a mainboard for this plotter, in good working condition. I'll consider buying a whole machine if someone is selling one for parts.

Southpaw1

I have one of these myself. Not sure if it needs a main board or what. When I power it up the LED screen flashes once and then intermittently very slowly. What is your machine doing?

Southpaw1

That is odd. I haven't been able to run mine for contouring. It broke down before I got my printer. Mine won't power on now. I have a tech coming to look at it and my printer as well. I'll keep you posted on what he says about mine.

Dzignpro

Great, let's share our experience. Here's more info on my situation:

It's stopping in the middle of the job and displaying Y POSITION ALARM, flashing led and requiring a reboot. My tech informed me that since it's stopping at the times I mentioned, like during the contour-cut and at the beginning during intialization. It's still working well and this doesn't happen often, just enough to rattle me for now. I've had to just about toss a few things, but I've been able to salvage them so far. Here's the dilemma
This setup with my older software and equipment is obsolete and I'm considering now what happens when I have to purchase a new machine. Basically, it means bringing everything up to date, printer included. This plotter was obsolete in 2008 or so. It was produced for 20 years or so I believe the tech told me. I jumped in during it's mid point and now regret parts are no longer available. Kinda strange that. It's like they just want to sell the new machines, make it more likely one would, at least.

Southpaw1

that's exactly the case. When they stopped updating drivers for my Roland plotter past Windows XP I called and asked about that.. Roland actually told me if they kept providing drivers no one would buy new equipment.

Dzignpro

If any rep from any brand told me that I wouldn't be buying from them anymore. However, I can understand their business model, as they put a lot into these printers that only so many can buy and use.

I found a place that will repair the board, but they need to see it first. They had one for sale I found cached in Google search and it was going for 2900 dlls. So I'm really hesitant. I'd need to get some very clear understanding of the care of the still functioning board I have while in their possession, the time-frame to fix it, warranties and such. But if it's that expensive to fix which I'll not know until they look at it, and I hope don't make it worse, it starts begging the question of whether or not to buy a new printer and make it all fresh again.

For your reference:
https://www.board-repair.com/?Ticket=031520130056

Southpaw1

I'm right there with ya. Considering the cost of service/ repair, hard-to-find parts and maybe a tech its looking like that may be cheaper in the long run.

gfxmarty

It was a while ago but when my fc7000 went down because of a loose screw that shorted the mainboard, I had to replace it with an fc8000 board. They are basically identical.

printimage

It was a while ago but when my fc7000 went down because of a loose screw that shorted the mainboard, I had to replace it with an fc8000 board. They are basically identical.
Hi I have a vinyl Express q130 that fc8000 main board will work in this model plotter?