• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help IDENTIFYING clip art collections for doing mobile home graphics

macmedia

Years ago I came across graphics that were suited for motorhomes, panel trucks etc but have no idea where to find these anymore. I'm looking for something very similar. Problem is that I can't figure what these types of images are called so I can do an accurate search. I would call these "swoops" or "sweeps" but is there an official name for these and perhaps are there DVD Vector collections of these types of images that can be purchased?

See these samples...
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Is there an official name for these curved graphics and where might I find them?

Thx

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.45.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.45.53 PM.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 197
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.45.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.45.45 PM.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.53.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.53.19 PM.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 205
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.53.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.53.44 PM.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 208
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.53.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.53.53 PM.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.54.02 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.54.02 PM.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 194

OldPaint

wellllllllllll most of these "swooshes" are designed by each motor home company..............and they own em so thy can sell NEW GRAPHICS to owners.......
a sign painter freind of mine in sarasota did all the SCARAB boat graphics......he owns them......and i had need of the SCARAB text.......had to contact him and pay for it......so i think your only way to recreate these is take a picture, and recreate a vector of it.........but it probably would be less time/money to call the motorhome company and ask if you can buy the graphics........

Attachments

• Scarab-Boat.png
    Scarab-Boat.png
    681 KB · Views: 187

rjssigns

Crank up your own design in Illustrator. Not that bad of a job. Much quicker than trying to search the web for anything usable.

Best part is you own the design.

decalman

I run into this stuff enough. I just vecter draw them. Although these do have lots of moving parts, it might take 30 min to an hour or so to do one. Longer if you want total accuracy

macmedia

Wow - that is one large boat!

We had a customer that wanted some new wrap for the mobile home and he didn't know what he wanted and we didn't either. Just thought there would be some clip art collections that we can just quickly draw up for them for an idea and if they didn't like it, we could just pick another similar design. If we had to recreate each time, the billable cost might rise too much by the time they settled on a design.

Actually I just bought a Yamaha Jet Boat and in the same idea, wanted to have those "swooshes" to wrap it. I guess we can do it by hand in Illustrator but if there collections out there it would be far faster than to tinker with this for a few hours.

wellllllllllll most of these "swooshes" are designed by each motor home company..............and they own em so thy can sell NEW GRAPHICS to owners.......
a sign painter freind of mine in sarasota did all the SCARAB boat graphics......he owns them......and i had need of the SCARAB text.......had to contact him and pay for it......so i think your only way to recreate these is take a picture, and recreate a vector of it.........but it probably would be less time/money to call the motorhome company and ask if you can buy the graphics........