• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help in Corel x3

shuv76

Hi
I have made some fonts using the 3 dimension tool in Corel and I have done some editing and the lines look smooth , even when I magnify them but when I go to cut it out on the Roland cutter it is not aligning in some of the spots where I did the editing. It is like the edit looks good but when it cuts it is not recognizing the edit.
Any ideas?

Thank you,, Paul

pgettys

have you converted everything to curves and made sure they are all welded and connected?

where in VA are ya we are in Chesapeake

shuv76

I have done the weld but the convert to curves is not highlighting in order to click on it.
I am just down the road from you in Richmond.
Paul

flyinhawaiian968

probably some sort of control curve or an item grouped or locked to the text. When you select it, what does it say that item is at the bottom of the screen? Should say text on layer one, with the name of the font, if you want to convert it to curves.

Once its selected, try CTRL+K to break the elements apart. This will disable editing the effect that you've used (most likely, never used the 3d tool in X3 yet), so make sure you're done editing whatever effect you've done to it.

Sorry, only have Corel 11 at home, so I can't see what the 3D tool does to text here...

Chris

flyinhawaiian968

Just got into the office, and in X3, there's no sort of 3D tool for text or art unless you convert to a bitmap and use the 3D effects.

I'm wondering if you're not trying to cut a bitmap, somehow with the original text beneath it or embedded as a group?