• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help on JV300 Settings

Stripeman

I have a JV33 and can set the refresh rate from 0-3. This is the setting that causes the heads to spray a blast over the capping station during print. Apparently when new, the setting is at 0 and it goes to the cap and sprays on every pass. Major ink consumption. So I have mine set at 3 and it only does this every 12 or so passes. My question is, how to set this on the JV100, we have a machine that is set to 0 and there is no place to change it. In the manual it says the setting is in the auto maintenance menu, but that only has a refresh of .5 hour or 1 hour, so it is not the right one. In the manual it describes the refresh as a nozzle blast over the caps, but the setting does not relate. I know there is a way, but Im baffled. I even went into the maintenance mode where parameters are and its not there either. Funny thing though, it seems to appear for a split second on the screen as the mode switches back to normal (non parameter mode)

Need to figure this out as we are filling the waste bottle way to fast.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The meaning of Refresh changed at some point in Mimaki machines. On the newer models, refresh is more of a maintenance function rather then something that happens during printing. It normally takes the place of auto cleanings which saves ink. So instead of running a cleaning cycle every 8 - 12 hours like on older models, it runs a refresh once every 0.5-1 hours. The refresh flashes the nozzles over the cap top just like the refresh on your JV33 which is why the manual is describing it like that. You can't turn it off on these models. You might check your auto cleaning options and turn off auto cleanings if they are on however. That's more likely to be the reason the bottle is filling up too fast.