• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help! Someone knows the BIT significance (each one...) on Roland AJ1000 SYSTEM SWITCH?

mindgames.1

That's the story:
an old AJ1000 refurbished, mde as brand new... with FW 5.1... works ok without showing on VersaWorks the level of inks.
*changing the FW at 4.70... shows only the Yellow... the rest, NO and display Error cod 107 or 160...
Please... I'm goin' mad!

damonCA21

I would be guessing at a servo board problem. Does it print ok using FW5.1 ? Are using cartridges or a bulk ink system?
It could be it has been like that a long time but the previous owner was using a bulk system so didn't worry about the ink levels in VW.

Does the printer itself show the ink levels ?

It could also be a sensor problem. If you go into service mode then you can run a sensor check and see if the ink cart sensors are working, they may need replacing.

damonCA21

As for the board switches, all should be set to OFF. I'm not sure about the AJ but IIRC the DIP switches are generally only used to put it into test modes for the setup in the factory apart from on older printers where it can be used to convert a standard printer to a V model, so don't need changing by the user.