• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help to solve gradient color not printing properly in EPSON S80670

Gunawan Tasman

I need help with my epson printing result. Everytime I print gradient color, especially blue, purple and orange colors.
The printing result always have a distinguished lines of breaking colors instead of smooth color transitions. I already tried printing as JPG and vectors, but the results are always the same.
I'm using Onyx RIP software.

Attachments

• print file.jpg
    print file.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 283
  • gradient print.jpeg
    gradient print.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 171

rjssigns

Create a new gradient using the Blend tool in Illustrator. Send the file as either a PDFx4, EPS of TIFF.

mim

0_o
I've had that happen to me when I resize images with a gradient. I always make my gradients in Photoshop because it has a smoother transition, but I'm going to give the blend tool a try like rjssigns just suggested next time.

Johnny Best

I also do my gradients in Photoshop and save as a .psd file. Place it in Illustrator and save as a .pdf and check all the boxes pertaining to gradients.

swordguy3222

How you save files makes a big difference, but also the rip you're using. The rip, if its a cheap one, will not render gradients properly. Check your rip, there are sometimes extra settings that help with gradients.