• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with an old install of Flexi 8.1 and a Graphtec FC4-100

Darth Brooks

I'm dealing with an issue with an older setup. At work we've been using a old version of Flexisign (8.1v1) running on Windows 7 and running a Graphtec FC4100-75. (All old stuff, I know.) I had to do a reinstall of flexi but I'm getting an I/O error. It's either Error 1 Instruction not recognized or error 15 Error in I/O transmission. I'm assuming the issue is a simple settings issue. It's on the right port, otherwise there wouldn't be an error issue. Flexi is supposed to have drivers for the graphtec.

With help I've gotten to the point where the two can talk but they aren't speaking the same language. If I do "Poll Size" it comes up with an error. If I do a test cut, it sends a row of numbers. I doubt it's the cable, that hasn't been touched.

I've tried changing the baud rate, I've tried adjusting the stop bit. I've tried re-re-installing both windows and flexi. A couple of years ago the computer crashed and I had to do a re-install at the time and it had worked fine after that. So I'm a bit confused as to what's going on and could use some ideas.

Is there some software from Graphtec that I need?

Darth Brooks

That was one of the things I did check. This thing has been a real puzzle and I image it's some small setting that off. Alternatively, did the Graphtec require any other software to run?

Vassago

Check baud settings in device manger match the Plotter. Make sure flow control is off.

Serial ports are bomb proof, but can be a pain to get setup..

Got one atm where I'm trying to get a straight though cable but supplier's keep sending null modem leads as they don't know the difference.

Finally bit the bullet and bought a 25pin connector so I'll just rewire one of the cables - now where's my soldering iron.. Lol