• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with issue in corel, Please!

1turkeyhunter

I have an issue with corel, from time to time when I create a graphic and send to my cutter, it will cut the same graphic twice in the same spot on my vinyl. I know this is for cutting thicker vinyl, when you hit the + button it will duplicate, but I don't and it still does it! Any ideas?? Like I said it doesn't do it all the time!

Stevo

Is this file converted in corel?
I've had problems with imported EPS files having two layers on top of each other.

Stevo

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Some cutting software will see both sides of an outline and cut twice. Filled shapes with outlines can cut 3 times. Try sending the objects as filled shapes with no outlines.

1turkeyhunter

Not sure if I follow? For example, the project I am working on right now is the "newer" airforce logo. I designed all the outlines, then I create the inside parts. When I send it to cut, it cuts really slow and then it goes back and cuts really fast in the same spot. Not sure how to fill my object without having the outline there.....

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
The "X" at the top of your color pallet is no color. Left click = fill and right click = outline. So if you left click a color to fill the object and then right click on the "X" the outline disappears.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Here is a graphic example.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 76

Joe Diaz

Are you using any bridge/cutting software or are you cutting straight from Corel?

I think it all depends on the plotter and what bridge software you are using, if any.

I remember on our older plotter we would have to make sure that art we wanted to cut had no fill and the outline had to be hairline. and that was the only way to do it. I think if you cut straight from Corel without any bridge software, that is the best way to go. Now we use CoCut, and it takes care of all that for us, so we don't have to worry about it.

1turkeyhunter

Ok........... Just tried to cut my logo......... I have come to the conclusion that Jester is a genious!!!! I cut the logo with outline, no fill, and it cut once really fast. I also cut one with fill, no outlines, it cut once but a lot slower! Either way it only cut once so it doesn't screw up my graphics now!!! Have been fighting this battle for 6 years, you don't know how much I appreciate it! You all are the bomb!!!

ONLINE SIGN GUY

+3 for jester

in corel the system dosent reconize outlines regardless on how thick you make it , it still travels the original path. Thats when you use your contour setting.