• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need ICC profile for paper

Flame

I'm trying to print on various different papers using my Mutoh, however my current profiles lay down the ink too think, leaving my print wet long after the print is done. On some papers, it even smears the ink around. Any idea on where to find a ICC profile to fix this?

Or any other way to fix this? I'm using Flexi 8.0V2 and I'm printing using a Prismjet (IE Mutoh Falcon). I bought if from Sign Warehouse, and while they have many profiles to choose from, they don't have one for paper. So...... I'll ask them in a bit, but thought I'd ask here too.

Replicator

I've had great luck using a CalComp5536.icc profile for poster stock

and making sure I choose a normal setting not super or fine setting . . .

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What paper are you printing to ??

It's always easier to fix problems when one knows where to start, rather then with just one end of the equation. Kinda like shooting in the dark. You might be using a paper that your machine has no profile to match.

Flame

How do I lower my ink levels? That's the first thing that came to mind but I couldn't seem to find any settings that'd lower them... ?

Flexi 8 BTW

Compilla

Right click on your printer in the production manager list and select Default Job Properties>Color Managment> Ink Limits>
try lower the ink levels on every ink chanel 10%

You'll need to do some testing until you get it work right....

:thumb:

Rod

Start with a profile that is close/similar

[FONT=Arial]Flame Master[/FONT] said:
How do I lower my ink levels? That's the first thing that came to mind but I couldn't seem to find any settings that'd lower them... ?

Start by using a profile that is as close as possible for the paper medias you have, and hopefully you'll get good results by reducing the ink volume. However, this will not necessarily obtain the best color reproduction. Ideally, a new profile needs to be created specifically for those paper media.

Jackpine

Gino, it's a Roland Glossy paper for solvent printers. I can't find the name for it at the moment though........ they didn't put it on my invoice.

Replicator. You've been printing on poster stock? Where do I find that profile? The list I'm going off of is here http://www.signwarehouse.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=55

and I can't find the one you mentioned?

I print with a Mutoh (SSK PrintTech). When I have printed on photo paper I have used a 10oz banner or a vinyl profile and it worked good. You have to adjuster your heaters so the material doesn't buckle. I go as high as I can on all material but not to buckle. I lower my ink levels in the rip. I lower the total. If you have trouble with one color (usually black) I l can lower that one more. I can send you the profiles I use if you would like to try them. Just email or PM me.They are from SSK for CiberPrint RIP. Good luck.

Flame

LS Synthetic paper profile, from Scanvecs website. Works on coated stock only, but pretty well.