• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need of some advice

B

budgie

Hi i have a GS 15 plotter issue.

Im trying my hardest to make motorcross decals with my new/old edge 1. Im using convex 6mil and proshield 12mil laminate
My plotter seems not to be cutting deep enough, or when it does cut deep enough the blade leaves a scratch line.

I am using a 60 degree blade but the plotters not playing nice. I have manually re-set the plotter many times. The plotter starts to cut at the right depth but leaves score lines and then other times it wont cut at the right depth but leaves no score lines!.

The media im using is sprocket fed so what do i do, apart from go jump.

I am looking to buy a new plotter to resolve these issuse because i have had enough of adjusting the blades to the right depth.

I dont have 10 grand to spend. Does any one have any suggestions for an appropriate plotter that would suit my needs.
Help would be much appreciated.

threeputt

That's a head scratcher. We had a similar problem with Reflective materials. Can't remember how we solved the problem but we did. Maybe call your Gerber rep. I'll bet he/she knows.

Or maybe if Tony sees this, he'll chime in.

Sorry not much help.