• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need Photoshop 6.5 Mimaki JV3 drivers

akuarela

Hi,
Got a new/old JV3 160S, also separately a PC with Onyx Photoshop 6.5 loaded & dongle, but no disks that was for another printer.
Anyone have a driver for the JV3 or know where to get it?

Thanks for looking!
akuarela

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Onyx is the "driver". You cannot really print directly to a JV3 from Photoshop, etc. You use a RIP (Onyx, Flexisign, Rasterlink) etc to actually print. The actual Windows driver can be downloaded from Mimaki. You need the firewire driver but it's not a "print" driver. It's just so that a RIP can see it. Then the RIP will install it's own drivers (from Onyx, etc) for a particular brand/model machine.

Hi,
Got a new/old JV3 160S, also separately a PC with Onyx Photoshop 6.5 loaded & dongle, but no disks that was for another printer.
Anyone have a driver for the JV3 or know where to get it?

Thanks for looking!
akuarela

I'm guessing that he is looking for Postershop (not Photoshop) drivers. Wish I could help, but my Onyx 6.5 disks are trashed.

akuarela

Postershop indeed... oops

Too much software and fumes... yes I'm talking about Onix Postershop 6.5

Thanks!

Bly

Have a look on the Onyx website, 6.5 is probably no longer supported though.
If you don't have any luck PM me - I think I still have v6 on DVD lying around somewhere.