• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEED ROLL(S) OF 3M 519YS 30" ANYONE????? DON'T LAUGH! : )

kritze66

I know this is more likely than not a pipe dream, but anyone know where i can get some Rolls of 30" 3M 519YS stencil in the USA?

kritze66

Hartco is now making a double liner sandblast stencil. We are currently using it and it works pretty well for our needs. There is an issue with the blade depth on our GS750plus plotters. I am having to put the depth at 7 on blades that are just a couple weeks old. If this keeps up, we will be going thru a lot of blades. Anyone having the same issues? And it still doesn't cut like the 3M. Sure miss that quality. Also, the Hartco gerber punch isn't quite accurate. On a couple rolls, some holes towards the end of the roll have been too small just enough to make the roll come off the machine. Anyone else having this issue? I will be contacting Hartco about the gerber punches hole issue

Attachments

• roll1.jpg
    roll1.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 97
  • roll2.jpg
    roll2.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 104

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I am having to put the depth at 7 on blades that are just a couple weeks old. If this keeps up, we will be going thru a lot of blades. Anyone having the same issues? And it still doesn't cut like the 3M.
I've tried the 900 series single liner material and I didn't like it. It still contains a significant amount of PVC and I had issues with it cutting well. Check to see what Anchor might have (Miles Supply). I use a lot of the Anchor 116 and that doesn't seem to be as scarce as the double liner material.

You also might want to check with U-Blast. They're strictly a Chinese import and they seem to offer a good variety...or at least used to...it's been a while since I've sampled their material. One main issue I had with their monument stencil is that it would leave a sticky residue on the cam bar of my GS-15 Plus. This eventually caused binding when the material ran back through the plotter. Honestly, Gerber should have designed the cam bar with a roller sleeve to prevent this issue.

Anyway, we're all in the same boat. Suppliers are giving current customers first priority to very limited supplies. New customers are typically put on a waiting list.

You may want to begin getting creative by developing double-process techniques using single liner material. I know transfer tape can be a pain, but it beats totally going without.
I've been working on some unique ideas utilizing Plexiglas as a transfer aid to do double-process with only the single liner (mainly for panels). Smaller details such as petals, etc...can be easily accomplished with transfer tape.

To me, your hole problem appears to be more of an alignment issue rather that hole size itself. I'm guessing the tension is set too high on their equipment, and it is springing back after punching. Hartco definitely needs to be notified of this issue. It also might be that the material continues to shrink after punching...but that wild guess seems to be way out there and doesn't explain why most of your material is good.

One more thing....there should be ABSOLUTELY no way that you would want to be on a #7 setting on your plotter. That's setting yourself up for some real damage to the drum should the knife inevitably hit a soft spot. I've rarely gone over # 4 with a dull blade and Anchor material.

JB

Last edited:

kritze66

Thanks you James Burke for your insights. We have some Anchor on back order, who knows when that'll show up. Have heard the U-Blast is crap so we will probably stick with HARTCO unless several roll give us the same issue. And we are going to look to see if there are other blade brands that might work better... fingers crossed! Have been able to back the blade (to 6) on the machines slightly.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Thanks you James Burke for your insights. We have some Anchor on back order, who knows when that'll show up. Have heard the U-Blast is crap so we will probably stick with HARTCO unless several roll give us the same issue. And we are going to look to see if there are other blade brands that might work better... fingers crossed! Have been able to back the blade (to 6) on the machines slightly.
I use Clean Cut blades. Let Ross know you're a S101 member for a discount.

JB

kritze66

Anyone have any trouble removing the Hartco glue from granite monuments? The frosted panels are the main concern. We use Mineral Spirits right now and it has issues cleaning all the glue off.