• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need simple web page design software

signmeup

I'm used to using Netscape Composer but it's pretty ancient and limited. I also use Xara but it's weird when it comes to uploading pages or making changes. I'd like something like Composer that allows WYSIWYG along with being able to edit HTML. I don't want to modify templates... I just want to be able to make simple web pages.

Is there anything out there you can recommend that runs between cheap and free?

Conor Knoxx

I use Xara myself, but I don't like their upload features/program either.
I just "export" my website - then use Coffee Cup (free) FTP program to upload all the files to my site. Generally pretty painless.

signmeup

I use Xara myself, but I don't like their upload features/program either.
I just "export" my website - then use Coffee Cup (free) FTP program to upload all the files to my site. Generally pretty painless.
That may be my solution... thanks Conor. I'll give it a try. I can't get Xara to "publish" the pages. I get a password error. I may investigate that too.

I'm using core FTP LE to do the uploading. Free and it seems fine. I tried filezilla but it wasn't happy with something on my computer. I was unsuccessful with it.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Have you considered a wordpress template. Wordpress is free and most hosts will install it for you. You can then get a nice theme (we use themeforest.net) to give you a starting point.

I have also heard good things about http://www.squarespace.com/

signmeup

I'm not interested in a template solution. I want to start with a blanc page. But thanks for posting.