• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some help

hollywoodfred

My s120 is having a hiccup when cutting. it seams to happening at the starting node in the design. It starts out fine for the first couple of cuts but gets worse as the cutting continues.
Using Corel Draw And Ai and using winplot to export the files to the cuter.
965927_10201102993315205_1714054370_o.jpg

hollywoodfred

hummmm

I'm starting to think that it might be the fan on these machines. my roland cutter would such down the vinyl down flat on the cutter i don't think this machines single fan has the force to hold down the material. maybe time for a fan mod

hollywoodfred

well i have done the knife calibration. we cut out the same pattern over and over on a row. the first two cut fine but all the middle ones are off the the last two are fine. it seams to be starting on the start point of the node in the file. its really weird im also starting to think it might be the fan down pressure not holding the vinyl down flat on the machine.

round man

check the file and recreate it with a different starting point to rule out that one file (simply add two nodes on each side of the first node and delete the first node ) ,....(my bad *I typed the wrong numbers)..have you checked the blade holder to make sure it is oiled well and there aren't any shreds of vinyl keeping the blade from spinning freely?"

edited to correct my mistake on plotter model

Last edited: