• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need to beg, borrow or steal (J/K) NPS-Rawlinson for National Park Service

iSign

Well, the ranger is a real nice person, and the job is a good job for me to get... but getting the NPS-Rawlinson font has been like pulling teeth..

When the ranger couldn't provide it, I did some of my own checking.The National Park Service website has a "NPS Graphic Identity Program" page where contractors can download the font... but that page gives a phone number, and that phone number goes to someone's voice mail who is on vacation for a week...

I can't wait a week for this font... does anyone have it? Is it legit to ask if it is given to contractors free anyway?

The ranger I'm dealing with already told me to just go with something similar, but I decided to ask here first in hopes of following the NPS Graphic Identity Program.

SignManiac

I just completed several signs for the Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge and they let me design their signs with my font suggestion? They liked it better than their previous signs.

SqueeGee

I have recently gone through the exact same issue. At this point, I've only quoted the signs and used Clarendon to get close. They also used Frutiger on some of the smaller text in our case, which apparently is also approved.

Anyway Doug, if you're able to find a solution, please let me know.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Were you at least provided the sign/typeface specification from the NPS Graphic Identity Program?

I would not trust those downloads because there are 24 NPS-Rawlinson typefaces...

iSign

thanks everyone!!

(including the masked man behind the email)

the email I received contained a Rawlinson font set lacking the NPS (National Park Service) in the file name, but for all purposes the same font.

Were you at least provided the sign/typeface specification from the NPS Graphic Identity Program?

I would not trust those downloads because there are 24 NPS-Rawlinson typefaces...

Rick,
I was given some latitude, as Maniac was in his similar situation, so although the only design standards I've seen was the Federal ones I located, seemingly for all parks, the final responsibility will fall on the client who already offered for me to just get "close" ...and who also has to sign of on my proofs, prior to production.