• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to make Font Thicker

Chelle

I am making a wall phrase (in Corel x4) for my daughter in the font "scriptina" that says "Always and Forever". The font is very skinny and I want to make it thicker. The bold options is not available. I've tried the contour cut but it cuts one set inside the other. i've changed the colors and had the machine only cut one color before, but is there any easier way?

Shovelhead

-add an outline pen
-check the round corners, line caps and scale with image buttons
-convert outline to object and then break apart

This will give you a nice outline. Contouring on SCRIPTINA will yield garbage in most cases.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
be careful how thick you go....it may not have the same appeal as when it's not thickened up....i'd suggest looking at dafont and find a diff. script that has the same appeal, but thicker strokes..

Chelle

Ok shovelhead.... I did all those steps and when I send it to cut, it cuts about 50 times on each letter.....what did I do wrong....Help

Shovelhead

Ok shovelhead.... I did all those steps and when I send it to cut, it cuts about 50 times on each letter.....what did I do wrong....Help

go to wireframe and delete all of the crap...then see Day's post on calligraphy. I never thought of changing the nib shape...cool.
My way mearly rounds it off, his way keeps it calligraphic....

Rodi

To make it a true bold(er) you need to get a font program. Download fontlab 5 for free at
http://www.pyrus.com
Automatic bolding. You can do the same in fontographer or my favorite the Mac only Letraset FontStudio.