• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to make removable sign for dark aluminum surface, what material should we get?

VicoDrive

We have to make a removable sign for someone that will probably be removing it every day after they leave work. The surface is aluminum so magnets wont work. Its dark blue so using clear window cling probably wont work since we cant print in white (just tried, its way too light and really only for windows with light). Not sure wall noodle will last long enough after being removed daily (or will it?). Suggestions?

Last edited:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Does the customer care if there's anything left on the wall when the sign is removed?

VicoDrive

Does the customer care if there's anything left on the wall when the sign is removed?

Probably so, its actually for a bike messenger who contracts himself out to different companies for several hours at a time and wants to be able to change out logos on his bike for who he is currently running for

CanuckSigns

Probably so, its actually for a bike messenger who contracts himself out to different companies for several hours at a time and wants to be able to change out logos on his bike for who he is currently running for

I wouldn't want my company name on a bike messenger! who do you think people are going to call when some a**hole just ran a red light and nearly rode over some poor old lady!

fresh

You could also use velcro, but of course there will always be the loops on the first surface.

TXFB.INS

he wants the sign attached to his bike? every messenger I have seen always have as little as possible on their bikes, this guy wants a sign installed?

VicoDrive

he wants the sign attached to his bike? every messenger I have seen always have as little as possible on their bikes, this guy wants a sign installed?

no, something adhesive somehow that can be removed constantly. May try talking him into velcro if he doesnt mind the strips staying on the bike

Marlene

use 3M dual lock it's clear and it is the professional so you don't need a lot of it, 1" squares will work or even less depending on the size of the sign

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Up Sell !!

Sell 'em a whole new sign and incorporate this doohiggie thing you need into the overall plan. :rock-n-roll:

anozira02

tell the client to bring you the material and you will do the printing or tell him,,, he needs a few more sessions with his therapist....