• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to quote an install of 3D lettering

jtinker

Owner
Need to reinstall this sign, 8ft in diameter and is 24ft off the ground. There is an emblem of a sand dollar that goes in the centre of the text as well. The ground underneath it is on a slope and uneven so the price for renting a crane for the day is seperate.

Attachments

• P1010353.jpg
    P1010353.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 138

jtinker

Owner

I've never been up that high to install a sign, do you usually do a base hazard price for working that high along with the estimated hours.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

I've never been up that high to install a sign, do you usually do a base hazard price for working that high along with the estimated hours.

You better make sure your insurance will cover you since you're gonna be higher than two steps on a step ladder. Besides, when obtaining the permit to do such work.... as you put it 'That High' you'll need to show proof of probably at least 2 or 3 million worth of liability insurance. If you go up there and don't hurt yourself, can you imagine the damage you could do if a drill or hammer falls, let alone if you step back to admire your own work ??

JR's

You better make sure your insurance will cover you since you're gonna be higher than two steps on a step ladder. Besides, when obtaining the permit to do such work.... as you put it 'That High' you'll need to show proof of probably at least 2 or 3 million worth of liability insurance . If you go up there and don't hurt yourself, can you imagine the damage you could do if a drill or hammer falls, let alone if you step back to admire your own work ??

If you're not a licensed and insured installer it would probably be better to sub that out. Mark it up and supervise for the day.
This way everyone looks good no one gets hurt and everyone gets paid. Because if you mess up you know that bank will sue you in a hot beat.