• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Needed advice on what film to use

FTG_Ben

I am a newby when it comes to vinyl and I am at the mercy of what sign vendors tell me. I have a customer who has a large window 70 x 70 facing the morning sun. We are looking at perf film and it needs to hold up from fading. We want to do a wet application, so a UV lamination is not an option. I am looking for advise on QUALITY film and inks that will not fade for a reasonable amount of time.
I was told that Premium Cast film with decent ink properties would be my best way to go.
I would like any advise I can get for application methods, what type of materials and who and where to buy from. I will be installing it, so I want something that is easy to work with.
Vendors say “we use UV inks” what exactly does that mean to me? Certain inks are soy based?, oil based?, other? How do you know what to ask for?
Thanks in advance,
Ben