• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Needing Recommendations of Print media for vehicle wraps.

ATWLINK

Hi all,

Currently using primarily Hexis brand vinyl, but open to suggestions of your favorite materials to work with for vehicle wraps.

Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Another topic that's been beat to death on here.....so don't bother hitting that search button up there.

T_K

Another topic that's been beat to death on here.....so don't bother hitting that search button up there.

+1

Search the forum and you'll find possibly HUNDREDS of threads discussing this very topic.

ATWLINK

+1

Search the forum and you'll find possibly HUNDREDS of threads discussing this very topic.

There are new materials rolling out all the time and new issues popping up all of the time. Just trying to get current opinions.

If you don't have an answer to a question, you need not respond.... thanks.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
There are new materials rolling out all the time and new issues popping up all of the time. Just trying to get current opinions.

You don't know how this group works then... :)

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps

Aww...Don't listen to those guys. They're just mean and don't like helping other people out. Your best bet for the latest wrap material is on ebay. There are a few places on there you can find chrome for less than a dollar a linear foot FOB! For printing purposes though I would recommend anyone on ebay that shows a picture of a wrap in the product listing...so you know that their vinyl was actually used on a vehicle and works right. Can never be too careful.
Cheers!

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
I don't use hexis and arlon because I had a problem with them back in the days. Shrinking. leaving all the glue, etc.
I used to like 3m a LOT but that changed when they put a new glue on the back of the vinyl and now it sucks. It curls it sticks LIKE CRAZY, hard to pull off the liner, etc.
If you let it outgas for at least 24 hours then it's usable but still harder to work with it then back in the days.
I really like avery 1005. Super easy to work with it. I think they just came out with the new one. 1006?
It leaves more glue then 3m tho

heyskull

Just a little note...

Since 3M brought out their 380 & 480 series wrap materials they have downgraded what the IJ180cv3 series can do.
Now stating that IJ180cv3 is "For flat or moderately curved surfaces". This in my books at least means it is, or was never up to the job of complex curves and recesses!!!
I have noticed this in suppliers of materials before, were they bring out a new all singing and dancing material and the previous miracle material is now unsuitable.

I had an Italian firm (APA) who supplied material for graphicing curtain side trailers and banners which was brilliant and really stuck and lasted well.
They then brought another material out which was specifically branded for curtain sided trailers and when buying the previous material it was completely different and was not suitable.
They insisted nothing had changed, but most definitely had.

Buyer beware.

SC

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I don't use hexis and arlon because I had a problem with them back in the days. Shrinking. leaving all the glue, etc.
I used to like 3m a LOT but that changed when they put a new glue on the back of the vinyl and now it sucks. It curls it sticks LIKE CRAZY, hard to pull off the liner, etc.
If you let it outgas for at least 24 hours then it's usable but still harder to work with it then back in the days.
I really like avery 1005. Super easy to work with it. I think they just came out with the new one. 1006?
It leaves more glue then 3m tho

Yes, the Newer version of 1005 is 1105. Identical except for the printing surface. It now (so far) no longer prints splotchy and is receptive to all inks (Latex, Eco-Sol alike)
I noticed the difference as night and day because I printed half a vehicle with the rest of a roll of 1005 and the rest of the vehicle with 1105. Night & Day.

They have a higher profile adhesive I think it's the 1106 and doesn't really have the slideability and is for more aggressive needs.

I love wrapping with Avery as well as 3M Envision too.