• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New and need help

A.J.

Hi there guys, I'm new to the forum and to the signs business also.

I'm looking to start a vehicle wrap business in my country Qatar, and searched a lot for this info online but I just couldn't find what I want.

Where shall I start from, my needs are in regards to equipment, tools and materials, I'm not looking to learn how to wrap as we will get workers for this.

Is there a book or a website that can help me get started ? I need as much info as I can possibly get about the ins and outs of this business.

I appreciate your help, A.J.

P

ProWraps™

go back to lurk mode. seriously. the best thing i did on this website, was READ READ READ before i asked a question. the talent and knowledge is ALL HERE. read as much as you can. every question you have can be answered with the search button. welcome. and good luck.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You won't find it on the web or in a book. You will need to get on a plane and travel to take a class both to learn to design and to install. Fellers.com can provide you with the software, the hardware, the training and the supplies ... but you will need to travel to Oklahoma for their classes.

P

ProWraps™

well there is that too :p but fred is right, get your hands dirty, and read. all the bs aside this site is one of two best resources you can find. the other involves holding a torch, and a peice of vinyl that took an hour to print and cost $50, and someone that knows what they are doing showing you. the learning curve is steep, but by no means is it rocket science.

hurry up and do it, so you can open a shop, and i can move and come work for you!

Billct2

you just said you're not looking to learn how to wrap you'll hire someone to do it, my suggestion is to just hire someone with experience to run the whole show and you just do the finance and sales till you've learned the trade

S

Sign-Man Signs

Where the hell is Qatar? Guess I could goggle it but then that's to easy.

S

Sign-Man Signs

I think we should trade sign information for oil....Whata think Fred?

zgraphics

if you want to see car wrapz in action, logon to youtube and type in vehicle wraps, that should get you started. It's not hands on but you can get an idea what it takes...Good luck

A.J.

Well thanks a lot guys, I guess I'll try to contact Fellers and see what we could work out.

A.J.