• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Canon Machine :D :D

K3TZ

Hi Guys,

I have recently got a new Canon iPF 9000s. I would love to know anything and everything about this, Tips, Shortcuts, How to go to Service Mode and anything else that can be done from Colour profiles to Materials...

So far the speed is amazing, each 2m banner takes just under 10mins on low quality print. Atleast much better then the roland and mimaki.

All views are welcome. Please do see attached Pictures.

Attachments

• Leicester-20120410-00294.jpg
    Leicester-20120410-00294.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Leicester-20120410-00295.jpg
    Leicester-20120410-00295.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 88
  • Leicester-20120410-00296.jpg
    Leicester-20120410-00296.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Leicester-20120410-00297.jpg
    Leicester-20120410-00297.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 76

Justin

I'd love to know how you like it! I'm kind of wanting a Canon myself. Everyone else around here seems to not know about them, or have one.

rjssigns

Keep us posted on how you fare with the Canon. Looked at them all and test drove every one with my own files. I liked the HP Z6200. The Z punched out my 23"x29" in 1 minute 13 seconds at 720x720. Although there is a price penalty to pay for that kind of speed.

If I can land a certain contract I will need an aqueous. So I look at all information possible.

K3TZ

Canon IPF9000s

IPF 9000s has been released into the market in 2010, I was very pleased with this printer so far we have been doing alot of work for mobile brands which the colours come outstanding. This machine does a self clean and you wont see no bandings. I was like WOW, Really quick turnaround. I'm looking to invest another canon machine in 1 years time as this will be paid off in 6 months by the way things are running here.

I found some info about this machine on signs 101.

Durability of Prints
It uses pigmented inks and gets typical pigmented ink durability. Up to 1 year outdoor, 100 years indoors, etc.

Print Quality

This printer has a maximum print resolution of 2400x1200 dpi. That’s all good and all but completely unnecessary. 1200x1200 dpi is the typical resolution you’ll be running. The color on this printer is awesome. Far better than the HP Z6100 and better than the Epson 9800. The print quality is immaculate.

Print Speed

The IPF 9000s produces 1200x1200 dpi prints at 400 sfph. This is not really recommended for glossy media but, damn, that is fast and it looks good, too. Really good. Really fast. At 2400x1200 dpi it hit 105 sfph on glossy media. Awesome. Made possible by packing in over 30,000 nozzles. Holy crap.

Miscellaneous Rants

Doesn’t include RIP software. We use Shiraz RIP, It's preety good.

Miscellaneous Raves

Very easy to use while still giving you versatility. Instead of taking away the ability to change settings like the HP it makes it easier to change settings and apply the change to a range of medias. This printer is user friendly but it isn’t coated in armor to protect it from idiots. It’s the perfect balance, as far as I’m concerned.
Did I mention how fast this thing is on real photo medias? Hell yes.
The ink tanks are nice. First of all, they’re really big. They’re 700ml. Second, the printer has intermediate ink reservoirs so if you run out of ink in the middle of a job you can change ink cartridges on the fly.
Definitely built better than that damned HP. We had the priveledge of introducing the IPF9000S at a tradeshow and people were walking right past the HP like it wasn’t even there and crowding around the Canon.

If you need a 60” printer for indoor and short term outdoor, this is it. To hell with the others. Seriously. It runs for just under $6,000.

Stafford Cox

Canon 9000 and 9000S (and the smaller 8000 & 8000S) are very capable printers. Epson quality at HP speeds!! I would recommend Shiraz to run it (I would though wouldn't I ;) ) because the amount of profiles already available for it is immense!! I believe it was the first printer they profiled in RGB on as well.

Stafford