• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New member, has problem

skyhigh

sorry to hear of your troubles Old Dog. Good Luck

No experience with MacTac here. I've never used the product.

Doug Pulver

Hello old Dog and Welcome to Signs101, from Florida.

I would have to agree with Pro Image, take pictures, save the old product and put the pressure on your distributor. Just like your customers came to you when the vinyl started to fail keep pushing the distributor for reimbursement, compensation, settlement.

Good Luck

graphicsman40

Not to burst your bubble, but in this case there are no damages. You are free to blow 5k on a stupid lawsuit if you want, but at the end of the day there is nothing legal to pursue. You can always try small claims, or you can spend that time building more business for yourself. Chalk this one up to experience and move on.

dirtwrap

Welcome! Old Dog, I totally feel for your plight. Anytime that we have to re-do something for whatever reason is upsetting. The way we approach it is to systematically look at the problem and try to diagnose what the problem is so that that end goal is for it never to happen again. When I used to work for Harley-Davidson, I knew of a guy that had blown up engines in three brand new motorcycles. The first one Harley replaced, the second they gave them the parts, and the third they cordially said that they couldn't do anything, even though they couldn't pinpoint the problem. After a lot of bad words were said, the guy took his business to another manufacturer, Victory, and low and behold, he blew that one up too. It ended up being the fact that he mixed all of his own gasoline with some sort of nitro additive, and neglected to tell anyone about it.

My point being is that with respect to vehicle wrapping, a large part of the success of the wrap is due solely to the installation. I have not seen photos or anything, so I am not bashing your install, I am just stating a general fact. Prepping is the key to a successful install. Did you wash the vehicle thoroughly with soap and water first? Did you clean the grime and tough dirt with Xylene? Did you prep the vehicle with isopropyl alcohol after this phase? Was your shop climate controlled? And lastly, did you post heat your surface to 220 degrees (controlled with IR temp sensor)?

The bottom line is, if your quality issue is due to something you did in the installation process, you will have the same costly issues with 3M, Oracal, etc. If you would like to send me some photos, or have any questions on how we do things, feel free to contact me at dirtwrap@hotmail.com

We do mostly race car wraps, but trailer and vehicle wraps as well. We have cars all over the country, have some customer installed, some we install ourselves, and some we contract out to professional installers. We use all Mactac products, including the BFree/Razor combo, and we have yet to have any issues with regards to warranties.

Please keep in mind, I am in no way expressing that we do a better job than you or anything, I would just like to offer our helping hand if indeed it could help you in your business and your profits. There may be a key step that no one ever showed you or told you about.

Take care,
Jimmy Schiltz
Dirtwrap

Brendan

I hate the feeling!
I use mactac 5529 and lam without issue. Im sure you dont want to hear that but there is something weird going on with that job. I had a boat wrap on a 70 mph tournament fishing boat and had no issues. Id be very interested to hear more on this issue.

CAM

Old Dog - MACtac bubble free is great

MACtac did add a "PRO" version to their bubble free product line and it works great! Prints better than the other stuff out there and is very easy to work with. They have a tech # on the website if you have questions and offer app training too. We went to one about a year ago and it was great. I think you can get info on their training on the website too.