• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Purchase for 2012

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Part 3 of 3. My other 2 posts were for buyers remorse and best purchase in 2011.

So for 2012, is there any big ticket item you want to buy in 2012? List them here. Again business related purchases only,

My WANT list for 2012 is probably an ipad3. My WISH list is a Cintiq 24HD. But that is probably several years out. Hard to swallow the idea of a $3000 tablet/monitor and is it really worth $2500 more in efficiency and convenience than my Intous 3 tablet?

WildWestDesigns

I would go with the 21UX. Better bang for your buck.

I own an Intous 3 as well that I use on my laptop when I don't have my main setup, the Cintiq is very much worth it.

Back to your question though, I'm going to have to stock up on a whole lotta embroidery specialty hoops, or as much as I can. The driver and jig usually go for anywhere between 1k to 2500 and that's just for one. I would have to get 3 more to be able to use it on all my machines.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I just got a Toshiba laptop Satellite P755-S5265 that's on sale for $150 off at Office Depot. Long overdue ... now I can monitor Signs 101 from anywhere! hoo hah hah hah. :omg: :omg2: :omg:

HulkSmash

Starting February 6 We'll be advertising on 2 billboards. If it doesn't work.. i lose money.. a lot of it. if it works... It'll be good.

showcase 66

I am really looking into either a Roland VS 540 or SP 540i. Not sure if I have the room for a 54" machine right now but I dont really want to settle for a 30" machine either. Most of what I do would be fine with a 30" but I know as soon as I get that size I will be getting jobs where the 54 would been so much better.

That is going to be my biggest object to get this year. If I get either one of the 54" then there will also be a couple more Big Squeegees.

HulkSmash

I am really looking into either a Roland VS 540 or SP 540i. Not sure if I have the room for a 54" machine right now but I dont really want to settle for a 30" machine either. Most of what I do would be fine with a 30" but I know as soon as I get that size I will be getting jobs where the 54 would been so much better.

That is going to be my biggest object to get this year. If I get either one of the 54" then there will also be a couple more Big Squeegees.

take it from someone who has been through this.. Soon as you get the 30" inch.. the 54-60" jobs will roll in.. just how it works...soon as you get the 60" the grand formats will come in. Nature of the beast.. Get the 60" machine you won't regret it.

Charlie J

I'm hopefully going to be purchasing one of these very soon.

attachment.php

http://www.glasscuttermachine.com/

It's alot less expensive than a Fletcher. I just wish I had more room in my shop.

Attachments

• Onyx90.gif
    Onyx90.gif
    73.8 KB · Views: 78

btropical.com

I want a new monitor /tv /hdmi 30 something inches we left old TV /hdmi 32 inch at the hunting camp so gonna find nice deal on something . Also want a new grill/griddle gas 24 inch or so for the taco joint . And going to get out my ce 2000 graphtec and get the new tinttek 2020 software /////////// tired of hand cutting tint after 25 years again .......

artbot

84" custom built monochrome printer. i can't wait to say good bye to the purple monster.

Typestries

Another Flatbed
A Fotoba cutter
A 3 meter latex
and an addition to put it all in

Then there's a vutek GS, but that's not exactly realistic.

Some or all depending on how my bank feels.