• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New scam most likely

Craig Sjoquist

Hello,
This is Mill George,How are you doing today,I want you to do auto graphics work on my vehicle ,I have ten vehicles and they are all Escalade 2005 Model and I want you to Do Lettering Job on it and you will Just write NEW STAR on the body of the vehicle and the vehicle is with my shipper agent that will bring it to your shop and my shipper have the Logo that i will be using at hand so what day do you want my shipper to be bringing the vehicle and do you accept credit card for payment.

Best Regard

That is the email I got and it started in my spam, ( I check it to make sure a few are not spam ) thought I give this one a chance anyway, sent back cash or check only accepted in my email, but knows even if I do the work accept credit card I still can get took 45 days later after they cancel, I'll owe the credit card co.
Wonders why they go through the bother where does the scammer get a bennifit ??

sfr table hockey

Just remember it's not when they pay for the product thats the scam (even though you won't get that money either), but it's the shipping part. They start out having the order (500 banners, car wraps, anything) being shipped to them. Then for some reason the they say the shipping company can not pick up or drop off unless they have cash or a check. So then the guy asks you to pay the shipping for him and he tells you to bill that to the credit cards he gives you (which are stolen or fake). You then send the shipping cost upfront to someone (you won't see) and never hear from them again.

They don't care how much you quote them or what the job looks like. You can tell them you ouline it with a special sharpie and they will be fine with that. They get you on the shipping being paid up front.

Then if you do it you are stuck with the job you printed and out the shipping you paid them up front.

Hope this helps with the idea behind the scams.

sardocs

Here is the one I got last week....

Hello this harry john how are you doing today i am down with diagnosis of cancer of the lungs as such i had to spend some time in the intensive care, do you do truck lettering and are you the owner or manager, i now live here in town so it would be better for me to lettering my 2005 GMC truck Sierra 1500 VIN 1GTEC19TX5Z355552 here and i would have the truck towed down to your workshop for the lettering ,thats why i am contacting you for the lettering,can you do the lettering for me,and what type of credit card do you accept, Regards Harry,

sfr table hockey

Let me guess.... He is going to need you to pay the towe company up front for him to get the truck to you?

Better yet offer to go pick it up for him and save him the towe fees.

Craig Sjoquist

Ok they just start reeling ya in little by little till your hooked. seen a few others that I knew are scams but they are getting slick, except they don't text well is a 1st red flag mostly or go on and on about them selfs.