• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Twist on the Banner Scam? Now T-shirts?

Graphics2u

This is the second email of this Type I have received, seems vaguely familiar to the banner scam. The first one was for all small size also but they asked for 1000 white shirts. I played along with the frst one until he must have figured out I wasn't going to order the shirts and they gave up.

Good Day,
My name is Eric Smith and I want to know if you do carry or you can order Blank (Plain) Dry Blend™ 50/50 Cotton/DryBlend™ with the following specs to be picked up from your location when ready and paid for today.

Size: Adult small size
Color: Sport Grey
50/50% Cotton(50/50 cotton/DryBlend poly)
Brand: Gildan or Port and Company
Quantity: 500Pcs.

Size: Adult small size
Color: Daizy
50/50% Cotton(50/50 cotton/DryBlend poly)
Brand: Gildan or Port and Company
Quantity: 500Pcs.

Let me know the total cost for the specified specs and quantity..l will handle up the shipping charges myself,will just provide you along with my FedEx Prepaid account for the shipment when payment is been received and will send in FedEx to your Location to picked up the t-shirts at store..Advice me if there is any charges on using a Credit Card for making of payment ..Awaiting Reply.Thanks

Regards,
Eric Smith

2B

The banner scam has been slow lately, here lately we have been seeing other versions as well.
Hi Could you please advise if you can supply us any of these merchandise promotional products with our company name and logo with one color or without imprint as a gift out for our upcoming event from 03/20 2012. if what you can supply us. Please advise ASAP. Products Specifications a* 2000pcs of 2GB USB Flash Drive or b* 2000pcs of 2GB Micro SD card with Adapter Your quick respond will appreciated. Warm regards David Mark |Project Manager DAVID COMPUTERS SOLUTIONS. 8038 38TH AVE NE | STE 20 SEATTLE | 98115, WA

Hi, Good morning how are you today and thanks for the quick information. However, due to our company policy, any order below $20,000 we normally purchase with our cooperate credit card information for the order and we have ability to prepaid with our cooperate credit card information fully up front for the order. Kindly attached sample of the logo and let me know if this would work with your company terms as well? Please advise ASAP. Warm regards David.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We're getting them for not only banners and t-shirts, but for farm equipment, windows, dollies, compressors, medical supplies, paper supplies and just about every other type business. There must be a building next to the 'Terrorist 101' school if you don't want to blow yourself up and meet 72 virgins, take the long way and pest them this way...... 'Internet Spam/Scam' school.

Mosh

I have been the t-shirt thing way longer than the banner one. I also get calls using a call-between service (for deaf people) wanting t-shirts...sick scammers!

jhanson

I've seen similar messages asking for things like HP toner cartridges via email. At first it was easy to spot since they wanted to do weird things like wire transfers from Cambodia. Then they started using stolen info in the US, and they always want to pay by credit card. Of course the credit card info is stolen and will bounce back after a few days.

The funny thing was they always wanted to order products that we never even carried (like the HP toner, we only sold wide format inkjet supplies...).

Our sales people were quick to catch on and would occasionally send a reply back along the lines of "Oh, sure we can get that for you! We'll give you 30 day terms up front, and free shipping!" and then watch the hilarity ensue. It's almost always some schmuck in Nigeria on the other end.