• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new vp540 vs used sc545ex

i'm considering buying a new vp540 or a used sc545ex, i will be upgradng from a cj500 pigment so either will be an upgrade for me. i have found several sc545ex's and new vp540's for the same price $20k. what would be the advantage of the sc545ex? any? i realize the warranty of the vp would be nice but is the sc more advanced? which one was introduced first and which one is beter?

GTSTech_1

The SC was introduced in 2005, the VP came in 2007. The SC is a 6 color machine vs 4 color for the VP. With the right RIP program the SC can be run in dual cmyk (for faster print speeds), I don't think Versaworks will allow you to assign the Ink Channel (I know U can do this in Onyx and Ergosoft, perhaps Wassatch as well). The Versacams are for the smaller signshops, the SC/XC/XJ are designed more for production houses (this is how the differences were explained to me).

The SC comes with an Upgraded Heaters and Auto Take-Up, Take-Up is a 2k option on the Versacams, and Heaters are a 2995 option. SC has a print speed of 230 Sq/Hr. The VP has print speeds of 166 Sq/Hr under the same resolution.

My $.02

GTSTech_1