• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEW xante excelagraphix 4200 (memjet) video

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hummm,
printing that fast how do they get it to dry so quickly?
Flame broil it like a Whopper?

wayne k
guam usa

artbot

the ink dots are much smaller than a normal pl from other printers. so it dries on contact.

artbot

after reading, it seems they are just about to be released. they've been pushing the release date back for almost a year. i'm curious how much one might cost. ...it could be $10k...it could be $75k? who knows.

all the articles say is "screaming fast" speeds, and at a price point that’s affordable for a fast ROI".

jnataros

after reading, it seems they are just about to be released. they've been pushing the release date back for almost a year. i'm curious how much one might cost. ...it could be $10k...it could be $75k? who knows.

$10k i'm in... $75k they can keep it haha :)

we'll have to see.

Josh

artbot

what's odd is memjet couldn't get hp or epson or canon to adopt/license the tech. why? because it would render so many of their legacy printers as grandma slow. i can't see how that board meeting went. if i was another printer manufacturer i'd be pissing my pants seeing this come to market. canon has a 12 inch array head it's developed so maybe they all figure they will be forced to develop their own in house. the only drawback is no matter how hard they've tried. ...no pigmented ink. just doesn't work. i figure there will be lower dpi heads with larger pl's so that they will accept higher viscosity inks in the future. so for now, it's blazing fast dye ink only.

just read...

The rated speed of the Excelagraphix 4200 is 6,300 square feet or 585 square meters per hour. This from a 42-inch wide printer. Not bad at all, especially for a printer that is expected to cost less than $100K. Even if the actual speed is 50% lower for whatever reason when the printer comes to market this still represents a huge increase over other water-based wide format printing systems. By the way the rated speed in production mode is 12-inches per second of what calculates out to 12,600 square feet per hour or 1,170 square meters per hour.

so yeah this is an expensive machine being marketed to come in under $100k.

also, another oem is making a similar machine the widestar 2000 (these names are terrible).

http://www.memjet.com/news-chatter/view/own-x-kft-introduces-the-widestar-2000/

http://www.own-x.hu/

jnataros

phew, 'under $100k' for a dye-ink only print system seems a little overpriced...

i've had nothing but bad luck with dye inks. Fade instantly even indoors sometimes for me.

too bad it can't do pigment, that would change things... oh well.

artbot

i'm betting there will be lots of takers at around $40k. the speed for many press shops makes it a game changer. plus 3/8" adjustable head height. essentially, it's a flatbed printer.