• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie in need of help

snowbind

Hey guys, thanks for the advice good and bad. I am debating knocking up some initial pro types by hand. I'm surgical with a scalpel and then trying to get some orders, using that money to get a machine and going from there. It is a very niche market. However, I know how to directly market to the people who will buy and I think I have something that people will really want to own, which later on will flow into a very large and hopefully customisable range. So at the moment I am working on the business side and keeping the product in my head and flexi :)

I may just end up getting pcut as I think I might be able to secure a little business loan. Anyway it's looking good.

Dave Drane

I'd be careful with that one. I see it is second hand and is now also "Out of stock". Just bite the bullett and buy a Graphtec.

snowbind

Yeah I have been looking at the Graphtec. I have found a company that will trial me one for 48 hours. Which should be enough to make what I need to get the cash initially flowing in. I think may take that route and not sleep for 2 days. They also offer a lease program, so I think I might go down that route. I'm going to ring them tomorrow.

Custom_Grafx

outsource them till you make a grand and then buy a proper machine.

Wherever you get them done, you know weeding is going to be the biggest $$$ so just tell em to cut it, and you weed and tape.

Should be relatively cheap. You will get good product, and in the process develop a potentially rewarding relationship with a good supplier.

Hell, if you end up getting busy like you hope, you may even be happy that you didn't buy a machine coz you can just get another place to cut them for you!

I see a lot of people on here who have big ideas on little budgets, who can't get a loan. The best loan you can get, is outsourcing. It's like instant finance. It's actually better than finance, you only buy what you need and you make profit on every thing you buy.

Just my two cents, if it were me, I'd get someone (not your boss if he's an idiot) to just do the cutting. I'd weed and tape myself.

Also, maybe learn something from this. Never ask a person who you aren't fond of for a favour. What, if he said sure... would that have instantly made him a saint? Also, don't make assumptions about people like T3, he's a nice bloke, he's just looking at the big picture.

andy

Although tonight I found this machine near to where I live. Any thoughts?

http://www.signwizard.co.uk/Used Foison C24 vinyl cutter

Ebay is your friend

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Summacutt...210?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20be9b873a

A proper machine with no bids.

This lad is in the West Midlands too.... fancy that? Hit Summa up for a driver, swing buy for a looksey... kick the tyres, suck your teeth a bit and you'll walk of with a quality machine for peanuts.

Or this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINYL-CUT...563?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c20c79343

If you want a Chinese drag blade machine this is virtually identical to the Foison... no bids.

If you want a cheap vinyl cutter fleabay is awash with the damn things.... apparently.

Last edited: