• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

normal cast vinyl to wrap rear bar

striper14

a customer asked me if i could repair a rear bar on a suzuki that someone had wrapped with Arlon Calon vinyl. An experienced voice in my head said no way but because things were quiet i said yeah no worries & i guessed a price.

I knew it was Arlon because of the color, Bright purple, which didn't match any other brand color i could find

i did the job on my own last week & it was a nightmare. I knew i had to heat it a lot to shape to the bar but i didn't know how much you could take it before you got white stretch marks. No matter what i did i had too much vinyl underneath & it seemed to get harder on the edges after being stretched. Eventually i just cut slices in the vinyl & so far I've gotten away with it.

how could i have done this job better? would it have been easier with 2 people? Do i just say no next time? what do you guys think ? sorry about the long story

AUTO-FX

Are you talking about the tail section on a suzuki motorcycle? well, if it was done before, you should also be able to do it. patience and practice, lots of easy heat and hand forming.When your applying the film your using a squeegee at first and then you get to a point where you switch to your hand or fingers and then when your "committed" to a curve and using your only fingers just stretch and rub slowly with patience! Charge more if it's that difficult and always have enough film on hand to make a second try if youre not sure. Keep at it.