• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

normal dx4 head in lef2-300

StefanG

hi all,

Im going to replace some heads on our lef2-300, and was wondering if i could also fit the "normal" dx4 heads instead of the "gold" heads?
the gold heads arent in stock and would take around 2 weeks to be deliverd, and the normal ones are on stock.
from my understanding the coating on the heads is the only difference between the two heads, but dont know if i get any conflict or error when i put in the serial numer

anyone who knows if this is possible?

thanks again guys

I’m curious if they run at different voltages enough that you’d see print inconsistencies going from one to the other together.

This is one of those maybe things. I would search for alternatives, someone has a gold in stock.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
All solvent DX4 heads run the same, regardless of the coating on the nozzle plate. The difference in the nozzle plate coating has to do with the anti-wetting characteristics of the two types. Gold plated nozzle plates are more resistant to wetting, which is the accumulation of ink on the nozzle plate during cleaning and printing. The gold coating is more resistant to wetting. This would be important as any ink on the bottom of the heads will likely be cured due to stray UV reflected light during printing. The result will be early failure of the print head. I would advise finding the correct head, which would have gold plating on the nozzle plate. This is the same reason the ink lines and dampers on UV printers are black, to block any light from the ink. Here is a good article on how wetting occurs - https://imagexpert.com/what-causes-wetting/

Last edited:

StefanG

Thanks for your input guys
I don't want the hassle with changing things in the software, so probably best to just order the gold heads and wait a little longer.

I’m curious if they run at different voltages enough that you’d see print inconsistencies going from one to the other together.

This is one of those maybe things. I would search for alternatives, someone has a gold in stock.

I did search for alternative suppliers, but they all charge around 750 euro for one head, and at digiprintsupplies is around 400, and even they don't have it on stock.
So I'm just going to order and wait ,

Novadon

LEF2-200
Can you mix old and new heads in a printer hardware configuration? I would think not IF that is your intention.

Anyone know for sure? Read something somewhere but lost it. :rolleyes: